Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting this error when attempt to e-file an extension on this file

taxhelp20
Level 1

I am attempting to e-file an extension and I am running into an error with this specific file. It will not let me e-file the extension. It says that "the requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I tried it again, and it still will not work. It says System Error. Code 1224. How do I resolve this error?

john_lacerte.PNG

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would restart your computer and come back in again. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
taxhelp20
Level 1

We fully restarted and are getting the same error. I have been on hold with Lacerte support for over 2 hours and have gotten no response. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

This can run a force install to fix things messed up in the last update. Support may likely do this remotely for you. 

JAKEFLADER
Level 1

We have been receiving this error message on many returns when trying to e-file.  Were you able to find a solution?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can get a support response

I found this for the specific error code in the message https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/634132/system-error-code-1224/ only one of several results for a search of "system error code 1224"

0 Cheers
JAKEFLADER
Level 1

Thanks for the response.  Looking into this now.  My IT guys turned off our anti virus and firewall and tested e-filing and we still received this error message.

0 Cheers
Intuit_Al
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JAKEFLADER We will need to do some troubleshooting on this issue.  Please call 1-800-933-9999 to speak to Lacerte Tech Support.  They are available from 6:00am to 6:00pm today (5/15).

Thanks!

0 Cheers