Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gambling winnings and efile

rfgbiv99
Level 1

I have a client that has gambling income but does not get a W2-g. Is there a way to get around the need for a tax ID# in order to efile this return

Thank you

Roy

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What kind of gambling winnings, from where?  Is he a professional gambler?  throwing dice in a back alley?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

You could just report it in Screen 14.1, Other income (a couple of boxes above Tax Withheld). Use Ctrl + E and write GAMBLING WINNINGS  and the amount.  This will show on Line 8 of Schedule 1 (2019 form). 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
dang, I wanted to know what type of gambling income doesn't get reported on an IRS form!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Come on George, don't mess things up.  I wanted to find out the answer to Lisa's back alley question.  Besides, I heard people are earning big money here betting on when various forms and states will be finalized.  Maybe our anonymous gambler got a piece of that action.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
Back room card games. Some very honest people want to put down the $100 jackpot.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
StknCPA
Level 4

On screen 13--Gambling Winnings and Losses, click the "Losses/Misc Winnings" link to the left. More input opens up--the third line down is Winnings not reported on Form W-2G. (It's input box 10.)