Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8995

TRnewbie
Level 2

Lacerte is generating a deduction on Form 8995 (for an individual) and it's coming from income reported on line 6 (REIT dividends and PTP).  I don't have any REIT or PTP.  How can I tell where this number is being generated?  I have blank grids on the p-ship grids (in the input section).  Where else could that income be coming from?  Would appreciate your help!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

1099-DIV 199A dividends

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

1099-DIV 199A dividends

Ex-AllStar
TRnewbie
Level 2

sjrcpa, you are a genius!  I've been combing through all the 1099s and K-1s for hours!  You got it - input screen 12, line 5.  Thank you!  (Odd that it shows up as PTP/REIT Dividend income on the 8995, but at least I know where the # came from.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome

Ex-AllStar
dawnmau
Level 1

High Five and Kudos!!! Saved my colleague & I at least 2 or 3 hours of spinning wheels trying to figure out where it goes!

abctax55
Level 15

@dawnmau 

In Lacerte, go to forms, where the amount is shown... right click then 'jump to input' to see where it's flowing from. This works on almost all forms.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dawnmau
Level 1

Not to dismiss your answer (because that is exactly what I normally do) But there are times when you try to do that and you come up with this "Jump to Input (Not Available on this field)" and then I have to google "Where do I enter #### in Lacerte?" Which is how I got to this post! It saved me a lot of time knowing where exactly to look. Still a good answer for others who may not be aware of this strategy.