Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8082

Johnna
Level 2

How do I add text to Form 8082, Part II line 8a?  This is not populating and when I click on Jump to Input, I am navigated to the top of the K-1.   I have worked through the rest of the form and this is the only text box I am unable to complete.  Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In the relevant K-1, second section up from the bottom is the 8082 input, which presumably is where you're putting in everything else. In the Inconsistent Items subsection, when you click on the tiny box to the right of the input field, or attempt to enter anything, you get a popup. The leftmost column, which says Line # and Description, populates column a of Part II.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

What type of return are you working on?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Johnna
Level 2

It is on the 1040 Individual Return.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

2019?

Ex-AllStar
Johnna
Level 2

It is on the 2017 program. 

0 Cheers
Johnna
Level 2

Thanks for your help.  I have exhausted my knowledge and just cannot find the data entry text box.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In the relevant K-1, second section up from the bottom is the 8082 input, which presumably is where you're putting in everything else. In the Inconsistent Items subsection, when you click on the tiny box to the right of the input field, or attempt to enter anything, you get a popup. The leftmost column, which says Line # and Description, populates column a of Part II.

Johnna
Level 2

I see it and understand.  Thank you - this is making my day.  

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Oh, good! I was just going to double-check that 2017 was actually the same as 2019 - you never know! 🙂

0 Cheers
Johnna
Level 2

Very true.  🙂

0 Cheers