Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4720 availability

Dave F
Level 2

When will form 4720 be available for Lacerte 2020 ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

Final form without watermark is expected to be released on or after April 28, 2021.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

Final form without watermark is expected to be released on or after April 28, 2021.

Bob467
Level 3

Apparently not. Today is 4/29, just checked my updates and it is still not available. If this was to be released why is the Form Status website still listing this as a form that will be updated within 10 days of final version availability?

George4Tacks
Level 15

You can look up any form availability at https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
KMK
Level 1

I just looked today after doing an update in Lacerte and form 4720 is still not available in the Exempt Organization section.  I cannot understand why a form that is due on May 15th is not even available in the program on May 6.  It says in the Lacerte form availability list that the form "historically has been released within ten days of final version availability".  I just looked at the IRS website and it appears the revised version of 4720 was published on 03/29/2021 (see screenshot below).  So, if I am reading this correctly then 5 weeks have past since it was published, which is a lot longer than 10 days.  Any info on this would be helpful given the deadline is 9 days away and the fact that nobody at support could provide a date of release. 

4720.jpg

0 Cheers
Dave F
Level 2

Any updates on Form 4720 -- it is due in 4 days, but Lacerte still says the form is not available.... what is going on ???

0 Cheers
Bob467
Level 3

Just did my Tuesday update. It is there now. However, I received an erroneous critical diagnostic about needing to check the e-file box for this form as it can not be filed on paper. I did and it did not go away. I went ahead and created the efile (I wanted to check the schema and see if it created it) and the process of doing that the diagnostic went away. So looks like we can e-file and print the copy for the client now.

Dave F
Level 2

Thank you Bob... for some reason mine still has the  Tools - Lacerte Updates function grayed out (e.g. no current updates)….   I'll keep working on it.   Dave

0 Cheers
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

In order to update you need to be on the client list.

0 Cheers
Dave F
Level 2

Ok, thanks Tylor Valdez.... got the product update now.   Dave

0 Cheers
Dave F
Level 2

Bob, did your e-file of form 4720 get accepted ?   Mine got rejected.... the message seems to say Lacerte is working with the IRS to get this form approved for e-filing.    thanks for any info.  Dave

0 Cheers