Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced itemized deductions (Screen 25), override "1" - must itemize, or "2" - elect to itemize. Neither option is allowing itemized deductions.

TAD
Level 2
Why is selecting to force itemized deductions not changing deductions on Joint tax return.  Tax return is still showing Standard Deduction even when selecting "1=must itemize" or "2=elect to itemize"
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
timclark
Level 1

I am having the same problem.  Were you able to find a solution?

0 Cheers
TAD
Level 2

Yes.  Simple error on my part.  I had checked the box to allow $300 charity if taking standard deduction.  If not checked, then force or select itemized works.

fredkap
Level 2

Not a "simple" mistake!  I also fell into that trap when my brother increased his itemized deductions.  Lacerte is normally sophisticated enough to help us not make such a mistake.  The answer is to get rid of the $300 box and change it to the computer maximizing the benefit.  This is a systemic error that Lacerte should correct!