Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i edit the automated message lacert sends out to people when i send them and organizer etc through email?

abs
Level 1

I want to add a new message that automatically attaches to emails i send out to my cleints, how can I edit/ personalize the message?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

For e-organizer - In the Organizer listing is E-Mail Letter You can edit that to your hearts desire. 

For Link - When you Invite there is a Dear [CLIENTNAME], followed by some text that you can edit to your hearts desire. 

If you send something from the Client Screen, you are presented with an e-mail and attachment. You can edit the text of that e-mail to you hearts desire before you click send. 

I know of no automated message that Lacerte sends out, only messages YOU send out through Lacerte. Please add a comment if I am missing something. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

For e-organizer - In the Organizer listing is E-Mail Letter You can edit that to your hearts desire. 

For Link - When you Invite there is a Dear [CLIENTNAME], followed by some text that you can edit to your hearts desire. 

If you send something from the Client Screen, you are presented with an e-mail and attachment. You can edit the text of that e-mail to you hearts desire before you click send. 

I know of no automated message that Lacerte sends out, only messages YOU send out through Lacerte. Please add a comment if I am missing something. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Serena
Level 1

E-Mail Letter sent with E-Organizer has HTML formatting in the email message. Eg., {BO} {Times New Roman} etc. It does not appear in the Email Letter, only when emailed to a client. We need to resolve this issue before sending our Organizers to over 500 clients.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

There are known organizer issues - not sure if it's the same with e-organizers.

But tagging onto a year-old (or more..) thread isn't likely to get any response from the Intuit programmers. You'll need to file a formal report of the error.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

FWIW.... I did forget to mention there is *supposedly* an update on 1.7.21 that will solve alllllllllllllllll organizer problems.   We shall see; you are likely to be on hold until then if you call support. 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"