Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Estate Form 1041 -- Then later year income

housecallstax
Level 1

Final year Form 1041 filed for an estate,  Then five years later there is unexpected taxable income to the estate from a legal settlement.  

Does the estate simply file another "Final year" Form 1041 under the old EIN?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes

Ex-AllStar
housecallstax
Level 1

Thank you for your input.  Makes sense.  Is there any citation to give another attorney who is seeking what authority there is for this conclusion?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I do not have one, nor do I have the time or inclination to look on 5/11/21. 

Ex-AllStar
housecallstax
Level 1

So sorry to have disturbed you.  Unfounded opinions on here unfortunately often do more harm than good.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Maybe if you framed your question in the form of a choice.  "I pulled all the weeds in the garden, but one of them came back.  What do I do?"  Instead, "One of the weeds I pulled came back.  Should I pull it, or should I call the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint about the herbicide company?"

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Unfounded opinions on here unfortunately often do more harm than good"

It's good to hear that you are going to do your own research.  No use trusting strangers when you can find definitive answers yourself.

Slava Ukraini!