Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiduciary module does not prorate tax withheld from retirement distributions to beneficiaries

Fiduciary module.  Screen 9, Sch K-1 Distib. Options.   Credits: 1= in fiduciary, 2= prorate to beneficiary.   Lacerte prorates the tax withheld on dividends by not the tax withheld on IRA.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Drphibes
Level 7

I put in a service request on this on 2/21, it is still open.  Has not been addressed. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Might it have something to with the fact that the withholding on the dividends is backup withholding and the withholding on the IRA is not?

Ex-AllStar
Drphibes
Level 7

I have seen no change in the law and I have been doing the same Fiduciary Estate return for 4 years (as well as 2 others, same distribution, during that time).  Prior to 2020, put a 2 (prorate to beneficiary) on the line in Screen 9, Credits, and boom, straight to K-1 Line 13 code B, exactly like it is supposed to.  What's really pissing me off is Lacerte's lack of response on this.

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Have to admit it, I'm mistaken.  The K-1 2020 instructions as well as the 1041 specifically say Backup Withholding.  That's not going to go down well with the client.

Thank you for your efforts.