Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed transmission on February 27, 2021 Validation Failure: Error 54: Validation Failure Code 1054

LES100
Level 1
Is Texas partnership returns available to e-file?
2/27/2021
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vferrantello
Level 2

FYI, I do not think this is a state delay issue.  I gave up last week trying to efile via Lacerte since the error message directs you to the status of efiling and they have an unknown date available.  I went to the Texas Comptroller website and webfiled the return.  I had absolutely not one single issue electronically filing this.  I am also not hearing from anyone using other tax software vendors that are having delays in Texas.  I think it's a Lacerte problem which they will not own up to.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
kgreen8393
Level 5

I'm getting the same error message.  I have 4 FINAL Texas returns due Monday and can't seem to E-File any of them.  Getting same error code 1054.  On the phone with Lacerte now.  I will post back if I get any answers.

0 Cheers
ylranch
Level 1

I am having the same problem this morning 3/1/21

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

I called Lacerte this weekend.  Texas returns cannot yet be e-filed.

Stellar1
Level 1

Did Lacerte give any time frame? Did they suggest we mail via snail mail?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

In my case, my client already paid the tax electronically.  I thought about extending, but that didn't seem to work.

I called Texas today and they said the return could be faxed to 512-475-0433.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I wouldn't mail it. The postal service "service" is terrible.

Isn't it due May 15?

Ex-AllStar
kgreen8393
Level 5

Final Returns due 60 days after year end.  Therefore FINAL returns with 12/31 year end are due today, March 1st.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

Just an FYI, the Texas Comptroller extended the May 15th due date to June 15th due to the Federal disaster declaration and IRS extension for Texas taxpayers.

However, according to the agent I spoke with, this did not extend the returns due March 1st.  How does that even make sense!

Vferrantello
Level 2

FYI, I do not think this is a state delay issue.  I gave up last week trying to efile via Lacerte since the error message directs you to the status of efiling and they have an unknown date available.  I went to the Texas Comptroller website and webfiled the return.  I had absolutely not one single issue electronically filing this.  I am also not hearing from anyone using other tax software vendors that are having delays in Texas.  I think it's a Lacerte problem which they will not own up to.

deestax
Level 2

I am in Arkansas and my returns are being rejected stating: (54) FAILED_VALIDATION Error Code 54.  The version of ProSeries you are using is no longer current.

I have updated, restarted, refiled and all my AR returns are rejecting with this same error code.

How did you fix it?

0 Cheers