Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed transmission federal only

newCPA
Level 1

Last night I tried filing a trust tax return but the US transmission failed. The resolution directed that there was a newer version of the Lacerte program available. I downloaded the updates to all computers and the server but I am still unable to efile federal returns (the state does not seem to have the same issue). The issue did not resolve overnight and there are no additional updates. I'm nervous about taking additional steps fearing that I may lose all my data. Any suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
tetze
Level 1

Our firm has been having the same issue since Wednesday with Individual returns.  The state returns go through fine, but the federal returns are failing transmission.  The resolution listed says there is a newer version of Lacerte available, but when I go to Lacerte Updates, it tells me I am on the most current version.  

We now have 30 federal returns that failed transmission.

I really hope someone replies to this.

0 Cheers
newCPA
Level 1

We fixed this by using the Lacerte Tools Hub, and did an update of the program using the component repair tool. We did that on both laptops and server.  Was able to file after that.