Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while printer 2020 Organizers

bforrest
Level 2

I have been successfully printing Organizers for a day and a half when I suddenly got the following message and can no longer print Organizers.  

"Client(s) failed during processing:  48015"

What does this message mean and how do I fix it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is 48015 a client number? Is that client locked? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
bforrest
Level 2

Yes, the 48015 is a client number, however, the client is not locked.  Each client I have tried in the last 1 1/2 hrs has not printed and none of them are locked.  I have tried rebooting my machine and still no luck.

0 Cheers
lkd0830
Level 1

I'm having the same issue, exactly as you described.  Were you able to resolve the issue?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
David10
Level 3

Hi All

Any updates or fast solutions to the issue with not printing organizer ? 

It seems like you have to be an IT person to do what article suggest.

Thanks, 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Back up that specific client. Unlock the client. Try to print. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
carolsawaya858
Level 2

Did you resolve the organizer printing issue? I am trying to print and have the same issues.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Back up that specific client. Unlock the client. Try to print. 

DID you try George's suggestion?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
carolsawaya858
Level 2

After two hours on the phone with Lacerte, it seems the issue is the engagement letter that I added to the organizer. The organizers do not print and kick me out of Lacerte 2020 when printing with the engagement letter. Once I suppress the engagement letter, or use the default letter from Lacerte, there is no issue printing.

abctax55
Level 15

I print an engagement letter - one that I have customized over the last 15-plus years - with all my organizers.  I have *never* had a problem.  

Maybe try copy/paste to an new engagement letter (name it some thing different, obviously...) and avoid any special characters - use just letters & numbers.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers