Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error #42061

don90630
Level 2

Getting #42061 error when only one state - no apportionment.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
don90630
Level 2

New Mexico form S-Corp pg1 and pg 2 S-Corp A

Problem fixed by entering Yes to the Auto Apportionment Calculation field on input sheet 50.21.

I was wondering why there needs to be an apportionment if New Mexico is the only state loaded. I suppose that field forces a calculation. I suppose a company could do business in another state and not choose to file in such state.

Thanks for responding.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

What type of return and what state?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
don90630
Level 2

New Mexico form S-Corp pg1 and pg 2 S-Corp A

Problem fixed by entering Yes to the Auto Apportionment Calculation field on input sheet 50.21.

I was wondering why there needs to be an apportionment if New Mexico is the only state loaded. I suppose that field forces a calculation. I suppose a company could do business in another state and not choose to file in such state.

Thanks for responding.

0 Cheers
don90630
Level 2

I meant to type input sheet 50.251

0 Cheers
DebbieZ
Level 1

I am preparing a 1120S and getting the same diagnostic (42061).  When I enter 1 (yes) for automatic apportionment, I get another diagnostic # 45815 "One or more of the New Mexico apportionment factors was eliminated due to being insignificant....  The return must be paper filed.

How do I get of this so I can efile?  The return only has one state

0 Cheers
don90630
Level 2

I have not yet prepared my client's multistate returns for 2021. I will get back to you - probably after March 15th. My client needs to file for an extension.

0 Cheers
barbara3
Level 2

Me too.  100% NM and #40885 and #42042 or #42061are not solved yet as far as I can tell.  Only NM is loaded.  And 100% NM income is on the S-Corp-1.  So S-Corp-A would not be required. 

0 Cheers