Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enter a heading on a tax return

Oscar Friedman
Level 1

How do you enter  "COVID-19" on a late e filed tax return in an effort to avert late filing penalties?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TatonkaKat
Level 1

For S corp module, Go to Screen 3.1 Miscellaneous Information and enter in "Explanation on top of Form 1120S" for it to show up on page 1 header.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm thinking typing that is going to do diddly for you.  I don't think the IRS is gong to read that or even care if they do read it.  File the return and deal with the notices, if any come, at that time.

Slava Ukraini!
TatonkaKat
Level 1

For S corp module, Go to Screen 3.1 Miscellaneous Information and enter in "Explanation on top of Form 1120S" for it to show up on page 1 header.

Oscar Friedman
Level 1

Thank you for the information.

I just read an article in Accounting Today that says the AICPA has been working with the IRS on the penalty for late filing in a COVID world, and it was suggested to include "COVID-19" on top of the return.

As another respondent said, it may not make any difference, but it has worked in hurricane returns, which have been prevalent in FL for many years.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

But the IRS already gave 3 months as an extension for COVID-related reasons.  Did COVID related problems really make it impossible for the client to file (or file an extension) for over 3 months?