Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing the client when IRS accepts return

RonW66
Level 2

Is there a place to mark to have Lacerte email the client when the IRS accepts their tax return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Nope..  Lacerte doesn't have that automated feature.   I believe UltraTax does, so perhaps Intuit will consider adding it (hint, hint)

You can print the acceptance letter to PDF, then send to your client as an attachment.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Nope..  Lacerte doesn't have that automated feature.   I believe UltraTax does, so perhaps Intuit will consider adding it (hint, hint)

You can print the acceptance letter to PDF, then send to your client as an attachment.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

For OLD SCHOOL: I would use Settings > Status > Add one for "e-mailed Acceptance"

Settings > Display > e-file Clients (view) > Add "Current Status" to the display

Click OK when done

You can then look at the e-file Client list to see who does not have "e-mailed Acceptance" Don't mark Final until after the e-mail is done. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
RonW66
Level 2

I Was with Ultra Tax for decades. That was a nice feature. My clients will be disappointed.

Will recommend to Lacerte to consider.

Thank you for your response