Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-signature of Business returns

Suzanne Metzger
Level 1

When will e-signature be available for corporate and S-corp returns?  We have clients that already wish to take advantage of this new option

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

In the future ------------------------ that's as close to a date as Intuit is willing to say at this time.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
maw1040
Level 2

ESignature for business tax returns is now "ready".  But it is different from the 1040.  You have to 1. pdf the forms you want signed   2. then go into esignature and attach    3.  then it takes you into Docusign to indicate where to sign etc.  It is way too much effort.  Why in the world did they change it from how 1040 works????

0 Cheers
Suzanne Metzger
Level 1

I have it working now and noticed the difference too, however, it makes sense since variable is the signing individuals on a business return.  It works though and for out of state clients it is a wonderful option.

0 Cheers
hillsboro15269
Level 4

I've tried to follow these directions, but I can't get it to work.

I created a PDF of the forms that need to be signed.

When you say "Go into esignature...." How does one "go into esignature" for a business return? It is not an option. When I go to esignature from the dashboard, my only options are "Learn More," "Purchase," or "eSignature Dashboard." "Request" is greyed out, so you can't select it.

If you go into esignature from the return itself, you can select "Request," but then it closes itself, selects my entire dashboard, and says, "ERROR: PLEASE SELECT ONE CLIENT" with the only option being "OK." So I select "OK" and figure I can select the client, but then it says "UNABLE TO LOCATE CLIENT FILE" without giving me an option to select anyone.

So, how do you "go into esignature"?

0 Cheers
Suzanne Metzger
Level 1

You need to purchase e-signatures first - I believe they are approximately $3 each.  After that you should be able to utilize the feature.  Simply highlight the client you wish to use and then attach the e-file authorization form first as the signature document and the return as the reference document (you can add additional items for signature as well but just hitting the basics here).  You add the signature and date blocks appropriately to the efile authorization form and then the program asks you to name the individual that is signing and the email address.  That is particularly important because only knowledge based authorization is cleared by the IRS for having this form e-signed.  

0 Cheers
Adam Hodson CPA
Level 1

It looks like you have to start it from the Client screen in the eSig Status column.  The one touch eSig button they added doesn't allow for attachments.

0 Cheers