Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filng Louisiana fiduciary Form IT-541

LarryG
Level 3

Just a comment to save anyone else a two hour wait time --- Contrary to the answer provided to me earlier today, Lacerte cannot e-file Louisiana fiduciary Form IT-541.   

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
sjrcpa
Level 15

You didn't ask if it could be efiled, just if it could be filed.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/2019-louisiana-fiduciary-...

Words matter.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo could you get the information on https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/2019-lacerte-e-file-agency-approval-and... updated to show that it was not ready on 8/31/2020? IT-541 is the LA Fiduciary return. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
LarryG
Level 3

Words do matter.  That is why I asked if Lacerte files the LA Form IT-541.  If a paper return was being filed, I would not be asking Lacerte if they file a particular form.  Lacerte cannot file a paper return.  Lacerte can only file electronic returns.  Duh. 

I think it is time I change software providers.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@LarryG In case you're not aware, George is just a user like you; he runs his own practice but volunteers much of his time helping others like you and is recognized (as you can see from his stats) as one of the top 2 solution providers.  In fact, he has helped you more than once previously but doesn't seem to have gotten any thanks.

Both George and Susan, another volunteer who is among the top contributors, are trying to help where they can.  Obviously, no one here (as volunteers) can help it if Intuit doesn't have the correct information posted.  George has gone out of his way to flag it to Intuit that their published information about LA fiduciary return being ready for efile by 8/31/20 may not be correct.  If you don't call that being exact and helpful, I don't know what is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I think it is time I change software providers."

That really hurts because everybody here makes so much money volunteering their time.  Duh.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback on the help article, I have submitted the request to our content team and will update you accordingly. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
LarryG
Level 3

I do not have an issue with George.  I appreciate his help.  George, thank you for all your help.  I also do not have an issue if information provided is not correct.  I can only imagine how complicated tax software can be and having to deal with all the different taxing authorities.  I even do not have an issue with holding online for two hours.  I understand.  My issue is with the person (not George) that lectured me on my grammar.  I believe using the word "file" was appropriate.  Lacerte can only "file" electronic returns and cannot "file" paper returns.  If I wanted to know if Lacerte is able to process a paper return, I would have asked, "Is Lacerte able to "process" Form IT541?"  This is not the first time I have been lectured by someone providing answers to questions.        

0 Cheers
LarryG
Level 3

Because they volunteer, does that give them a right to be condescending.  I am not the sharpest person in the room but I do not like to be reminded of it.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I did not mean to be condescending. To me, "does Lacerte file" meant Does Lacerte offer the form.

Ex-AllStar
LarryG
Level 3

No problem.  I guess due to the stress of trying to get the fiduciary tax returns filed by the 09/30/2020 deadline, I was too sensitive to the comment at the end of the post.  Also, I apologize for my ignorance.  I thought questions regarding the product are answered by the intuit staff and tax questions are answered by the CPA community.  This morning I learned differently.  It appears I have offended the entire community of volunteers and for that, I sincerely apologize.     

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

We have the thickest skin known to man, so it isn't a problem.  The only pearls of wisdom I can give to anyone posting here is, what might be obvious to you isn't always obvious to someone reading your post.  We can do a half baked case of mind reading at times here, but we aren't always correct.  So if we didn't have a pandemic going on, I guess this is where we all would kiss and make up.  So how about if we settle for "get back to work" ----------------- tax season hasn't really ended quite yet 😀

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

No offense taken on my part. Intuit points users here, so that they can hopefully not have to deal with you. They do not make it clear that employees seldom frequent the area. Always try to open with a clear concise question, but use the next entry area to expound to make everything clear. This was your first post and often those come from TurboTax users. Next time we will know you are serious user. 😘

Since we are not employees, we sometimes wander from the best decorum. Apologies if you felt that way. Also know that there are not many LA users here that respond to issues. We see many complaining that the software release is REALLLLLLLY LATE, but that is main posting I see here for LA. My few years with a CA transplant to LA showed the software pretty easy to work out, but it is always late. I think Lacerte and LA take turns pointing at each other with a "It's their fault!"

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

So our content team was able to update the information accordingly, however it looks like the date for that forms availability is still TBD.  We appreciate you pointing this out and will update as we get more information. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
jprollc
Level 1

2021 - same issue with IT-541...   

0 Cheers
gghandp
Level 1

I am also holding a LA trust return waiting to be efiled because of the state efiling mandate.

Electronic Filing Mandate

Revised Statute 47:1520 authorizes the secretary the discretion to require electronic filing of tax returns or reports by administrative rule. Louisiana Administrative Code (LAC) 61:III.1509 requires the electronic filing of the Fiduciary Income Tax return, Form IT-541. Taxpayers are required to file the return electronically for income tax periods beginning:

• January 1, 2019 - if the return is filed with more than 10 Schedules K-1 attached.
  • January 1, 2020 - if the return is filed with one or more Schedule K-1 attached.