Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing Limit for PDF Attachments

FMES
Level 3

Greetings... For the first time ever, I received the following E-file error, which indicates the aggrege size of attachments to a give tax return can not be more than 20MB.  I need to send two PDFs, on 16MB and the other 11MB.  Is this a new requirement?  I am sure that I have sent more than 20MB of attachments in the past?

Exception occurred during EF batching client: 10-20

Submission size is larger than max bytes: 20MB. If you have attachments, you may try reducing their size.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There has always been a limit.  Maybe your PDF are bigger than usual?

At any rate, your PDFs are very large and probably don't need to be that big.  You can change the quality/size in a PDF program (things like CutePDF and BullZip are free).  Or if you are scanning them, use lower quality scanning and don't use color.  I usually use 200dpi in Black and White and it works fine.  

FMES
Level 3

Thanks.  After sending my message, I found an old post that mentioned the limit was 32 in the past.  I wonder why Lacerte reduced it.  As for the PDF reduction tips, I have tried most of them and but the didn't know about the software.  I will check them out. fm

0 Cheers