Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-FILE

lillprice
Level 1

Can I override the #5834 Truncation code error and e-file the return?  I need to e-file the estimates.

This is very important because the taxpayer is mostly blind, has no source of transportation to get to the post office to mail the vouchers.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Name or address is truncated?

Yes you should be able to ignore and efile.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

From the Diagnostics:

Taxpayer's name is being truncated in the e-file. As a result of truncation, the IRS will reject the return. Shorten the taxpayer's or spouse's name using the following priority: a. Omit titles such as M. D. or Ph. D. which are not part of the taxpayer's given name. b. Input middle initial instead of keying the entire middle name. c. Omit the spouse's middle initial. d. Omit the taxpayer's middle initial. e. Substitute initial for spouse's given name. f. Substitute initial for taxpayer's given name.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I've got a couple clients with that diagnostic, and my own kid's return has it. There's never been an issue with the efile.