Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file fraud

Ruth1
Level 4

I have had an inordinate number of efile rejects due to social security number duplicates.

I contacted the IRS, my insurance provider and to Lacerte to see if there is any unusual IP addresses being used. Thus far I have spoken to 1/2 dozen people who say they will transfer me. I have been on hold for 1 hour and 22 minutes.

This is a serious issue; I would think I would get to speak with someone. Does anyone in the community

have any advice on getting Lacerte's attention?

I am more than fed up.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruth,

Yes this is a very serious matter.  We have an internal team dedicated to work on this with you.  Were you able to get to a point where specific information was requested from you?  I will send you a direct message to get additional details from you.  

•  

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I can tag a few different people here

@IntuitBettyJo  @IntuitAustin @AshleyatIntuit  

In the mean time, have you logged into your Eservices account and verified how many returns have been filed with you EFIN?

Many preparers are seeing rejects due to clients using the non-filer site to get their stimulus money, have you asked any of these clients that were rejected due to SSN being used, if they did this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruth,

Yes this is a very serious matter.  We have an internal team dedicated to work on this with you.  Were you able to get to a point where specific information was requested from you?  I will send you a direct message to get additional details from you.  

•  
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruth

I just saw your information was sent over to our efile compliance team, they should be in contact with you soon to help with next steps and determining what needs to be done from here.

thanks,

Ashley

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Thanks Ashley!

Ruth1
Level 4

Is there a way to access form 14039 Identity Theft from within the program to populate the detail?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hit F6 (or click Forms on the toolbar) and type in 14039, that will get you to the form.
If you mark the taxpayer or spouse box at the top, that info will auto-fill, the rest is just check boxes and your description of what happened, those wont auto populate.

Sorry, this was for ProSeries, I didnt realize you were a Lacerte user.

0 Cheers
Ruth1
Level 4

Thanks anyway. I was able to get it.