Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file Error #7512

lboydjdd
Level 2

Regarding S-Corp - Has anyone else gotten the e-file error 7512 where it will not allow you to e-file the return with pre-computed penalties and interest?  The issue is because in screen 11, Late Penalty and Interest Section,  I have put a "1" in the Interest, Late Filing, and Late Payment.  The only way the diagnostic gets removed is if I take the "1" out of the Late Filing box.  Should I just override this diagnostic to e-file?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15
Did you input a filing date in the Underpayment Penalty section of Screen 11? That might be the cause.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
lboydjdd
Level 2

Yes I did put in a filing date.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have always been hesitant to include them because my computation and the tax agency computation seldom are exactly the same. I just include a note in the client letter that the client can expect an extra billing from them for $$$ and put the estimated amount. 

You might try putting in the computed amount as an override and see if that passes the efile smell test. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
lboydjdd
Level 2

I think that is the best thing to do.  This way the client is at least aware to watch for another billing for late filing, but don't try to include it in the calculation of the return.  Thank you.

0 Cheers