Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-file acknowledgement from different computer

VBD
Level 2

A few years back, a Lacerte tech support rep told me how to force a re-download of e-file acknowledgement.    Now a Lacerte tech tells me it can't be done.  You have to check e-file acknowledgements from the same computer that was used for the e-filing.   I work from home with laptop and at office with desktop.   Does anyone know if there's a way to get the efile status updates from different computer than used for efiling?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
aud12345
Level 1

Try going to "E-File" then "Step 3 - efile acknowledgement statuses" then "Update acknowledgement status for selected return"

VBD
Level 2

Thanks - I tried that before and just now again.     Return filed from desktop at office says Fed Accepted.  Same client checked from laptop at home still says Passed Validation.     

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I take it these 2 computers are not networked? Or the client data file is not shared?

Ex-AllStar
VBD
Level 2

Not networked or shared.    Lacerte says getting acknowledgement has to be on the same computer ID as the return was originally efiled.    My Lacerte account and the client are the same regardless of which computer I use, so I don't see why the computer ID has to be the same.    I don't know if the rep was right or just told me something he thought.   I know several years ago a rep told me how to force the update of acknowledgements.  Maybe they don't have that anymore due to newer security rules.

MichaelNY
Level 1

Lacerte is not what it used to be. We are having so many problems where a number was changed or on a different computer and the information is not updated.  Was on the telephone with support today for over an hour. According to Support, Lacerte is aware of all of the problems and is working on it.

We'll see! Over 20 years with Lacerte, first time giving them a failing grade.

0 Cheers