Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUE DATE ONCE EXTENSIONS ARE FILED

bakerandjohnson
Level 1

What prompts the due date to change once the extension is filed? We've tried several things and sometimes it changes and sometimes it doesn't. It's doesn't change once the extension is filed. 

UPDATE: We tried all of the "normal"things, checked the e-file extension box, etc and it worked on some but not on all. 

After talking to Lacerte this is actually a issue in the system that they're currently working on.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

You need to check the "e-file automatic extension" box in Screen 12.

abctax55
Level 15

1) There's no need to yell at us.

2) If you go into the file, then forms, the new due date is triggered.  Clunky process...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Well... It *used* to work that way....

I'm now verifying that AGAIN, Phoebe is correct 🤣

( Generic Comment )"
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

My local CPA group had this same problem yesterday, and the person who found the solution wasn't me! So I had the advantage of someone having told me the answer before I knew there was a question.

abctax55
Level 15

In the partnership module, you have to check the box "Print the extension with..." to get it to switch.

I haven't checked the other modules yet.

Jeez - another "break it when it was working fine last year" scenario.

Edit... 

Ptshps = mark the print box

S-Corps = mark the *automatic extension* box.

( Generic Comment )"
ckwcpa
Level 2

Did not work - still not showing the extended due date after the latest update (7/2/2020)!!

0 Cheers
ckwcpa
Level 2

Did not work.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Thanks for letting us know, twice, that it isn't working for YOU.

IF you mark "1=automatic extension" AND check "E-file automatic extension" then process the return to *Forms* it is working in both the Partnership and S-Corp modules.

I'm not sure which module you are having issues with as you didn't state that in either post.

(July 2, 2020 @ 6:38 Left Coast time....Version 40.0630.....)

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers