Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers License REJECT

MarkSpag
Level 2

Anyone else getting NY state efile reject for Drivers License, when all input is correct????????

Any solutions??????

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ellie1
Level 2

Just as an FYI to everyone... I just called and this is a Critical issue - they have brought it to highest priority -reported to tech. team to work on solution.

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
itonewbie
Level 15

See these articles for resolution:

https://www.tax.ny.gov/tp/driverlicense.htm

https://kb.drakesoftware.com/Site/Browse/15307/NY-Reject-R1120-Drivers-LicenseState-ID-Number-Format...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
MarkSpag
Level 2

ALL IS BEING ENTERED CORRECTLY.  ALL RETURNS ARE BEING REJECTED.

SEEMS LIKE A LACERTE ISSUE - JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS REPORED IT, OR IS GETTING IT, OR HAS A WORKAROUND.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Why are you yelling in CAPS?

What you were given are the official solutions.  Fine if you have verified your client's licenses and yet receive the error.  Something is wrong somewhere and I doubt very much it's Lacerte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ellie1
Level 2

I just got the rejects for the Drivers licenses this morning.  Have you heard any solutions?

0 Cheers
malcpa
Level 1

Why are ALL Ny returns being REJECTED becasue the Drivers License information is wrong WHEN IT IS RIGHT?????

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Stop screaming, all you people.  You are not yelling at Intuit, you are shouting at other fellow users who volunteer their time here with no affiliation with or compensation from Intuit, whatsoever.

@IntuitBettyJo @IntuitAustin This is popping up today and it looks like this may not be an isolating problem.  Could you please have the engineers take a look and give us an update?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
cdupreecpa
Level 2

received same this morning on my first batch of efiles.  All rejected.  Input is correct.  Seems like a lacerte issue

0 Cheers
Ellie1
Level 2

Just as an FYI to everyone... I just called and this is a Critical issue - they have brought it to highest priority -reported to tech. team to work on solution.

MarkSpag
Level 2

i was most certainly not yelling - just happened to be in caps at the time 🙂

and btw - it is lacerte

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for pointing this out.  Please subscribe to this post for updates regarding this matter: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/re-drivers-license-rejec...

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
jgomeztax
Level 1

Please, is this resolved for ProConnect? Same exact issue, when are we safe to re-efile?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

No it is Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@jgomeztax It should be resolved in ProConnect Tax too.  Earlier this evening, if you were working in ProConnect Tax, you would have prompted to refresh for the new version.  If you were not in at that time, ProConnect Tax will load the latest version when you open it.

Still an AllStar
mlm2
Level 2

I am experiencing the same thing - it only seems to affect couples who are "Married Filing Separately"  - all Drivers License info is accurate - Fed accepts, New York State rejects -  is there a fix?   I see this was first brought up in February - its April 20!!

0 Cheers
Ellie1
Level 2

Hi...  I believe if you remove the drivers license of the spouse, it should allow you to submit.  I had that happen with a married filing separate return last week and that is what I did and it went through fine.

Good luck...

0 Cheers
mlm2
Level 2

So far so good...Thank you!

Ellie1
Level 2

Awesome.. Glad they are going now..

0 Cheers