Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the 2021 Organizer retrieve the appointments from the 2020 appointment calendar. What happens if the appointments have already been bridged to the 2021 program.

Judy Wilson
Level 1

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Yes.  Look for "bridging"

You do have to manipulate the appointments as they'll roll forward to a Saturday or Sunday.

It's not an extremely smooth/seamless process. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Yes.  Look for "bridging"

You do have to manipulate the appointments as they'll roll forward to a Saturday or Sunday.

It's not an extremely smooth/seamless process. 

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Here's just one thread (search for appointments) where I gave more detailed instructions:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/what-does-the-bridge-appo...

@George4Tacks - can you find a help article on the topic?  You are so, so good at it 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
pamdory
Level 8

You can alleviate some appointment angst by setting the recurring appointments using the second function in the frequency box to pick the day of the week.

For example after selecting the Start and Ending Dates and Times, I go to the Occurs box and select Monthly (stay with me) Then in the next box which now says Monthly on the top I can select the Third Wednesday of every 12 months.  

Using this method the client will hold that spot on your calendar for as many years as you choose.

Now if Intuit could find a way to make the Appointment Manager dynamically update my Google calendar, I could regain about one full day each year.