Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docusign with Smartvault

swortmancpa
Level 3

I use both Lacerte and SmartVault, both of which are new for me this year. I can get Docusign e-signatures through either Lacerte or SmartVault. Which is better? I don't have a Docusign account yet.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swortmancpa
Level 3

Thank you - I think I'll try the Lacerte rather than SmartVault, since it also is tracked in IPM.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
kreinard
Employee
Employee

If you use the Lacerte eSignature tool, the 8879's and the client copy are automatically attached when you send the request.  If using SmartVault, the 8879's and client copy would be saved to your computer first then attached during the send process.  In Lacerte you also have a dashboard that shows the progress of all eSignatures sent, I'm not sure if SmartVault has this. 

Either way, I have customers who use both and are happy with the process in each case.

0 Cheers
swortmancpa
Level 3

Thank you - I think I'll try the Lacerte rather than SmartVault, since it also is tracked in IPM.

0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

@swortmancpa 

We are implementing SmartVault and discussing this issue.

While SmartVault will give you a free DocuSign account, I'm actually not keen that documents are tracked by user.  There is a way to give visibility to the "Admin" to all Envelopes, but not ALL in one screen.  One either needs to change the Envelope's owner to "Admin" or the admin needs to actively select another users "shared" envelopes to look at (menu selection item) .  ATM we are changing the owner.

It's nice that I can RT-Click => Get Signature in the Connected Desktop and the signed document comes directly back to the Vault when done, but there is NO management in SmartVault of any value.  It's all in DocuSign.  It also does not pre-populate the E-Signature forms like Lacerte does.

It's not as easy as the Lacerte dashboard which has all users seeing all the envelopes.

Would you mind sharing your experience from last season.  Specifically how did you process the zip package from Lacerte and then what did you do in SmartVault?

Are you planning to do the same thing  this year?

0 Cheers