Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do federal and California statements transmit with an E-file?

ellenabel
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Probably. The statements in the forms view are included. The worksheets are not.  Screen 47, you do need to "Print As" Statement, not as the default Worksheet.

You can create the e-file and then exit and go to e-file > e-file support tools > View e-file to confirm. Statements that tie to something like Schedule C will be in all the coding stuff for Schedule C. I found "other income" almost at the end. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
George4Tacks
Level 15

OOPS! Ignore every seeing this.

0 Cheers
ellenabel
Level 3

I printed the e-file submission listing from; Efile menu, Efile support tools, Select view e-file.  I don't see the statement detail for taxable state tax refund, qualified dividends, tax exempt income, mortgage interest (including information naming co-owner to avoid matching notice) , medical expense etc.  I did see statement detail for other expenses on Schedule C. 

So exactly what statements is lacerte sending with the e-file submission?

I have now been on hold with lacerte for 95 minutes.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@ellenabel wrote: See my comments in BOLD

"I printed the e-file submission listing from; Efile menu, Efile support tools, Select view e-file.  I don't see the statement detail for taxable state tax refund This is a worksheet, qualified dividends This is a worksheet, tax exempt income This is a worksheet, mortgage interest (including information naming co-owner to avoid matching notice) , medical expense This is a worksheet etc.  I did see statement detail for other expenses on Schedule C. 

So exactly what statements is lacerte sending with the e-file submission?

I have now been on hold with lacerte for 95 minutes."

Hopefully you did eventually get connected. The only item on your list that is not a worksheet would be the Mortgage Interest, but you should go to notes and add a STATEMENT to support the line 8b. My recall is that Lacerte has never handled this item well. 

0 Cheers
ellenabel
Level 3

I just tested your theory.  A statement created in "Notes" does not appear in the efile transmission summary report.

Conclusion:  the federal statements and statements created in Notes are not being sent with the file transmission.  Not a good conclusion.

0 Cheers