Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete states in 2020

mikega
Level 2

how to delete states in 2020 ind tax that I no longer use

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Globally?  The easiest thing is to just NOT install the states you don't want (or ONLY install the ones you do).  When installing the software, you get to select the specific states, for each module, that you want/need.  It's not difficult to add a state later on, so I pick only the ones I'm sure I'll need it.

Specific Client?  Client Information tab, upper left side under 'Returns'. Highlight the unwanted state, click on delete.  This action can't be undone, so be sure.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

Globally?  The easiest thing is to just NOT install the states you don't want (or ONLY install the ones you do).  When installing the software, you get to select the specific states, for each module, that you want/need.  It's not difficult to add a state later on, so I pick only the ones I'm sure I'll need it.

Specific Client?  Client Information tab, upper left side under 'Returns'. Highlight the unwanted state, click on delete.  This action can't be undone, so be sure.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
Through windows, delete the program - Lacerte 2020 (2019?). This will not affect the data.
Reinstall, selecting only the states and modules you actually use. Make a list before you delete the program.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns