Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Conversion

mhlester
Level 3

I have the latest version of the 2021 Lacerte Tax Program installed, but the Tax Data Conversion Wizard gives me this message...

The Data Conversion service for this season is now closed. to submit tax files or download converted filed, please use the Import > Client Data Conversion menu in the 2021 tax software.

I do this only to get the same message.

Am I doing something wrong or is the service not yet available?

I get the same message if I try this in the 2020 tax program.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/data-conversion-quick-reference-guid...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/lacerte-backup-instructions-for-data...

What are you trying to convert FROM and TO? This process is typically done for 2020 software to another 2020 software at this time of year. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mhlester
Level 3

Hi, George,

I have a 2020 proseries data file and a 2020 drake data file for two new clients. I want to convert these files to Lacerte data format and open the data files in the 2020 Lacerte program, and then transfer the proforma to 2021.

When I enter the 2020 conversion wizard (or the 2021 conversion wizard) I get this message:

The Data Conversion service for this season is now closed. To submit tax files or download converted files, please use the Import > Client Data Conversion menu in the 2021 tax software.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

My guess is that the process is on hold for a while as they try to get 2021 software ready. I don't see any time table posted. Maybe @IntuitGabi or @IntuitBettyJo can get some help for this.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mhlester
Level 3

Thank you, George,

I guess so... the message before this one was that it would be available on 11/12/21. I waited patiently for two weeks, only to be disappointed again.

Thanks for the help.

Best, Michael

0 Cheers
Renee Farmer
Level 1

Hi all. 

What I have been advised is that the conversion should be done via the 2021 program. If you are getting the message that the conversion is closed, update the program. The conversion should then allow you choose to convert to 2020. 

Hope this helps! 

Renee 

adamsimpsoncpa
Level 1

I am trying to convert 2022 Drake Files to 2022 Lacerte and getting the same error saying that the data conversion service for this season is now closed to submit tax files or download converted filed, please use the Import > Client Data Conversion menu in the 2023 tax software.

The issue is I will not be able to print 2023 tax organizers with all the 2022 prior year info if I do not import into 2022 then proform to 2023.

Does anyone have a clue if the season ever opens back up?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15