Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical diagnostic

Taxmaster
Level 2

With every return I prepare, I'm getting a critical diagnostic that states "direct deposit of refund is disallowed because the return is being filed after November 30, 2020".  Why am I getting this when obviously all 2020 returns are going to be filed after that date?   Anyone else running in to this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update - 

For TY20 - This has been corrected on the program update 41.0127, please update to latest version and this will resolve the issue and diagnostic will no longer trigger.

Cheers! 
Betty Jo 

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

You can find your answer for most questions on critical diagnostics in our Find My Diagnostic Center. 

Here is the solution you are looking for: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-diagnostics/46723/ta-p/102117 

Cheers! 
Betty Jo 

abctax55
Level 15

@Taxmaster 

There are about a dozen posts on it.... try checking a few of them out.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  - That is a swell answer, but I'm pretty sure all 2020 returns are going to be filed after November 30, 2020.  Is Intuit not aware of the 5 bazillion posts that have shown up here about that issue?  

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Or does Intuit just not care?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

😶

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Intuit = 🙈 🙉 🙊

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"With every return I prepare"

I'm just guessing, of course, that you prepared and then tried to E-file them, too. All over the forum, the news, and even at the top of this web page you are told e-filing doesn't open until Feb 12th.

Intuit doesn't seem to have updated the program to know it should be considering if a 2020 form has been filed before November 30, 2021.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Taxmaster
Level 2

No, I have not tried to file them - well aware that filing isn't open yet.    This just shows up when I check diagnosis.  

0 Cheers
Taxmaster
Level 2

Have not seen any that would solve the problem and get rid of the diagnostic.    

qbteachmt
Level 15

"This just shows up when I check diagnosis."

The recommendation is to keep waiting, because the program isn't fully updated, yet.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Have not seen any that would solve the problem and get rid of the diagnostic"

We just keep seeing the same problem.  BettyJo is the only Intuit employee joining this discussion so she would be the only one in this discussion that can actually provide a solution or at least tell you when that solution might happen.  But she appears to have left for the day, or the week, or the month, or the rest of tax season so we will have to wait a little longer.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good Morning All, 

I was unaware that this diagnostic was being populated in the 2020 Tax Program, and see how my response was lacking information.  I will make sure this gets addressed asap. 

Thanks! 
Betty Jo 

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update - 

For TY20 - This has been corrected on the program update 41.0127, please update to latest version and this will resolve the issue and diagnostic will no longer trigger.

Cheers! 
Betty Jo 

Taxmaster
Level 2

Thank you!   However, I just checked and the diagnostic is still showing up on every return I've prepared so far.    I hope this can be corrected before filing season opens.

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's odd.. have you updated to the most current version? The update was just released yesterday. 

0 Cheers
mgdtax
Level 3

This message is showing up for me on a 2019 return I am trying to file today, February 2022.   

Has the 2019 program been fixed?  Or should I just suppress the diagnostic warning?

Thank you

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think when a return is this late (2019 return filed in 2022) IRS won't direct deposit. Client will get a check.

Ex-AllStar