Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit for Sick and Family Leave

TaxMom12
Level 3

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the new field "credit for sick and family leave claimed on employment tax return"? I've entered the wage expense in total that ties to the W3 but upon entering the other income field for the tax credit they received, my M-1 line 1 does not tie to net income on books.  In order to tie to NI per books, I have to do an additional M-1 input under tax-exempt income income on books not on Schedule K.  Is that correct?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Toni CPA
Level 1

We are having the same issue. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

This topic has been covering it:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/lacerte-tax/00/121738

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
GCOTLV
Level 2

I see on the Schedule M-1 input screen you can use -1 to override the M-1 automatically generated. It seems like the M-1 for income on schedule K not recorded on books is only needed if you have a situation where the credit claimed on a 2020 941 will be refunded in 2021. Then for 2021 you would need to do a reversing M-1 when the income is actually received. If all credits were received in 2020 then the M-1 doesn't seem necessary and can be overridden.

0 Cheers