Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID Relief Bill Post by IntuitAustin

sjrcpa
Level 15

@Intuit Austin- you posted https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/new-covid-19-relief-pa...

I assume you did not write it.

It contains an error regarding the new round of PPP loans. The reduction in income is 25%, not 30%. Direct the PTB to page 2065 of the Bill. (30% was 2 or 3 days ago)

Also, I don't see the 150 employee limit for 501(c)(6) orgs, but maybe I missed that.

This is a good reason to allow replies on these "Intuit" posts.

Ex-AllStar

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa  - good job !  You've done more reading than I have.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Clients are already asking questions. No rest for the weary.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

MY response was that it takes me a bit to read thru 5500 +/- pages !!.

I did sign up for a class 7:30 a.m. Christmas Eve... even if they are still somewhat guessing they are good about sending out updates. 

Since we are sticking close to home for the holidays, it's 'do-able' 🙂  Can't say I'm thrilled with needing to do so tho.  Happy Holidays?

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Yep, lots of pages!  I know there's much that's not related to tax but the search function doesn't work very well in the PDF for some reason this time and there are only 4 bookmarks, which are not of much help.

I am only starting to go through it and have to rely on the summary from the House Ways and Means Committee to navigate through the various sections.  It'd take some time to go through all the details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Your @IntuitAustin  didn't work.  I'll give it a try.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for flagging this @sjrcpa. I'll share this with the team working on this. 

Thanks @IRonMaN for tagging me. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
qbteachmt
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

If you ever appeared before a legislative committee or worked on a bill, you would know that until something is Signed Into Law, it should never be posted as "passed."

Senate and House approval is part of a Process. It isn't final.

That whole article should be removed from the web.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

@sjrcpa "Also, I don't see the 150 employee limit for 501(c)(6) orgs, but maybe I missed that."

You're right, it's a 300 employee limit (page 2103).  

qbteachmt
Level 15

Intuit posted this three times.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/new-covid-19-relief-p...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/new-covid-19-relief-pack...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/new-covid-19-relief-pa...

It's a problem when their SEO causes others to find these topics and act on them.

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Intuit US$2m+ lobbying spend, don't they deserve ROI 🙄

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
abctax55
Level 15

He just vetoed it.... let the games begin.

Oops. See Bob's post above (or below - depending on the mood of the forum threading).  Wrong bill.  

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

That's the Defense Bill he vetoed.  He can't veto the Appropriations/Covid bill because they haven't sent it to him yet.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh, I forgot that the staff would have left for the holidays, leaving the Erroneous News alert here in their three product forums. Is this like when Dewey won the Presidency?

sjrcpa
Level 15

Intuit has updated the posts, but the 150 employee limit for 501(c)(6) orgs is still shown.

Maybe someone could fix it now?

And I hope this misinformation won't be spread in the seminar Intuit is going to offer.

Ex-AllStar
HOUSTON
Level 1

Intuit Austin posted this maybe a week ago. 

What is the source of this information ? We cannot find this info on the IRS site. 

The due date of the taxes in Texas is June 15th 2021, but it seems odd that the date to file an extension would a month before the due date. 

I could not reply under the original post. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/re-how-do-i-handle-retur...

For tax year 2020, taxpayers residing in federally declared disaster areas who require additional time to file beyond the extended deadline (June 15, 2021), should file a Form 4868 by May 17, 2021 to obtain a filing extension up to October 15, 2021. For both paper and electronic submissions, Form 4868 filing and accompanying payments must be submitted by the May 17, 2021 deadline.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You cannot reply to their Announcement postings.

Is this what you are seeking:

"Winter storm disaster relief for Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas

Earlier this year, following the disaster declarations issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the IRS announced relief for victims of the February winter storms in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. These states have until June 15, 2021, to file various individual and business tax returns and make tax payments. This extension to May 17 does not affect the June deadline.

For more information about this disaster relief, visit the disaster relief page on IRS.gov."

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-for-individuals-extended-to-may-17-treasury-irs-extend-filing-a...

IR-2021-59, March 17, 2021

0 Cheers