Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corporate e-file extension

mpkline
Level 3

Attempted to e-file and extension for corporation with fiscal year ended 6/30/2020. Lacerte rejected indicating it "can only be filed after the tax period end date (TaxPeriodEndDt specified in the "ReturnHeader) and on or before the due date of the filing to which the extension applies as specified in the Form 7004 Date Charts in Publication 4164." For a FYE 06/30/2020 the due date of the return is 10/15/2020. Is there a problem in Lacerte with the corporate due date?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

A corporate return with a June 30 year end was due September 15. From 1120 instructions:

a corporation with a fiscal tax
year ending June 30 must file by the 15th
day of the 3rd month after the end of its
tax year.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
Do you have the year end in Screen 1?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mpkline
Level 3

Yes, I made sure that field was correct. I even deleted it, r-entered it, and re-submitted. Still the extension was rejected.

0 Cheers
mpkline
Level 3

I removed all entries in the extension screen 12, and viewed the Letter. Lacerte's letter indicates due date of September 15, 2020. This may be the root cause of this rejection.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

A corporate return with a June 30 year end was due September 15. From 1120 instructions:

a corporation with a fiscal tax
year ending June 30 must file by the 15th
day of the 3rd month after the end of its
tax year.

Ex-AllStar
mpkline
Level 3

Thank you!

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar