Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the federal payment date

RDW
Level 2

I see a lot of posts about the change of the deadline to 7/15/20 and one post that says you can do the EF override to get it to e-file with a payment date after 4/15/20.  But I do not see any discussion as to how/where to change that date.  I see the override I can enter on Screen 3 but it won't accept any date after 4/15/20.  Where is this date change supposed to be entered?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
rioalgom
Level 2

I'm having the same issue.  I was able to change the due date on a North Carolina payment to July 15, but federal still won't accept override past April 15.  It's time for a fix.

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Previously... 

@RDW asked "Where is this date change supposed to be entered?"

I don't think "They" can see these unless you @ "Them." 

For example, Community Overlord @IntuitAustin might be able to shed some light on this quandary

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
rioalgom
Level 2

@IntuitAustinhas a tip for e:filing with a payment date after 4/15, but we're still looking for a solution on entering the payment date in the first place.  Screen 3 will not currently accept an override unless the payment date is before 4/15.  

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Our development team is working on changes related to the deadline and payment dates. We will release changes to the program in an update in the near future.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Old Clammer
Level 2

This is taking way too long. I can change due dates for balances due. You Need an update for estimated payment. Should have been done last week. After 15 or more years with this overpriced software, will probably leave and make a change next year. 

0 Cheers
Old Clammer
Level 2

Looks real professional when my clients get estimate instructions and due date is crossed out and handwritten in. Get this done today

0 Cheers
Old Clammer
Level 2

My bad. Looks like this finally has been done. Now we just have to wait for NJ to stop dragging their feet 

ThankYou

0 Cheers