Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Lacerte at all. Getting a fatal exception error

cw
Level 1

Tried to open Lacerte this morning and am getting a fatal exception error.  Everthing was fine last week. Anyone else had luck fixing this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Same here with me.  I received the same message.  I am on hold for almost 2 hours. 

0 Cheers
cw
Level 1

Yep - 2 hours 21 minutes.  Maybe we are not the only ones.

I updated windows and internet explorer this morning after reading about a similar issue back in January, but that didn't help.

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Really? Wow You still on hold.  I tried to ask FAQ and it said need to download websetup.  Somehow my laptop informed that it is not safe to download.  I am afraid and decided to delete download.  I am waiting for tech support to assist me.  Grins 

0 Cheers
cw
Level 1

Still waiting.   I'm thinking that re-installing may be the only way to fix this, but I am waiting for support as well.   Has anything similar happened to you in the past?

0 Cheers
LLibby
Level 1

yes, our office is having issues accessing we received 2 access violation errors and we are holding for more that 2 hours waiting for call back. Last person I spoke with at Lacerte said tech support hold time was in excess of 3 hours

access violation call 0174C2CD

Access violation call 0715C579

Then exception error occurs

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Yeah, I had the same problem almost every year.  I called them and they remoted in to my laptop.  I am not an expert to fix this problems.    Uninstall program... ummm  will we lose all my data information in the system? 

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Hi LLibby -  Excess of 3 hours.... arrgghh  

I am wondering if this has to do with upgrade to version 40.60.630 after July 1st.  Lacerte tax program cannot open due to same error message.   I used another smartphone to call again and the answering service said that tech support team is still working on and informed me that they will answer our calls after 3.5 hours. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Uninstall program... ummm  will we lose all my data information in the system? 

No...you do NOT lose data when uninstalling/reinstalling the program.

But you could always reload your most recent backup...right?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Hi abctax55

Thanks for answering my question.   

ummm... I am not sure if lacerte program is automatically back up after updating version, does it? 

Please advise. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Lacerte/Intuit does NOT back up your data files anywhere.  THAT is your responsibility.  You need to back up to either external drives, or the cloud, or both.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
cw
Level 1

Hi Libby -

3 hours 31 so far and still waiting.  Some bad coding  must have snuck into the last update.

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Thanks abctax55 for your input.  I didn't know that I suppose to back up data files as I thought Lacerte would do that for me. I guess not.  Bummer!  Guess I wait for tech support to answer my call on hold almost 3 hours. grins

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

CW

Any lucks to get a hold of tech support yet? 

0 Cheers
cw
Level 1

4 1/2 hours on hold still

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

me too.  I am still on hold almost 4 hours.  Sigh! 

If no one answers my call by 5 pm, then I will try call again tmw first thing in the morning.

Maybe they have too many calls today after July 4th holiday. 

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Say good night!  I am done waiting too long.  Will try again tmw am. 

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Good morning CW and Libby,

Wonderful News!!  I finally got a hold of tech support team within 10 minutes.  They fixed it  Yay!  Whoo Hoot!!  Me happy and jumping a joy!  I hope you get your program fixed soon. 

0 Cheers