Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot efile because already filed but no efile Acceptance Found

msindc1
Level 4

Colleagues:

I am attempting to eFile a return but I am getting an error message telling me that the return (i.e., the SSN) has already been eFiled.  OK, fine.  But when I try to pull an eFile acceptance letter, I get the message that no EF Acceptance found.

How can I determine whether in fact the return has been filed and what the efile status is?

Micah

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

You can go to *My Account* at Intuit & check your efiled returns there.  But it sounds as if your client's SSN has already been "used".  It may be an accident, it may be identity theft.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it bounce before its even transmitted?  That means someone else using an Intuit Product already filed a return with that SSN (could have been through TurboTax), so Inuit stopped it..doesnt mean it was you that filed it (which is why you dont get the ack for it).

Paper filing will be needed.  😕

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

You can go to *My Account* at Intuit & check your efiled returns there.  But it sounds as if your client's SSN has already been "used".  It may be an accident, it may be identity theft.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dlmcferran
Level 3

I can't find the listing of e-filed returns at intuit.com.  Can you provide some additional guidance.

Dennis McFerran

RTRP, San Jose, CA

0 Cheers