Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i add a paragraph to the Federal and state filing instructions letter?

bex
Level 1
I would like to add a paragraph in the filing instructions about the direct pay option. I see that you can edit the letter but can you edit the filing instruction sheet?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Yes, they are part of the Settings > Client Letter Setup > Filing Instructions

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
roz2
Level 4

George,

I want to edit the FEDERAL FILING INSTRUCTIONS, not the client letter.  This does not correspond to the FEDERAL FILING INSTRUCTIONS sheet that is printed with the tax return.  It has the heading ELECTRONICALLY FILED, SIGNATURE, FORM TO FILE, PAYMENT, WHEN TO FILE, WHERE TO FILE.  I need to let clients know they have until October 15 to file but pay without penalty and interest; they need to pay before June 15. (Texas)

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Roz2,

I hate to be redundant, but "Yes, they are part of the Settings > Client Letter Setup > Filing Instructions" What is there is very sparse, but that  is where you would add statements.

You may also notice tabs in the section. You can create special client letter/Filing instructions and they refer to them in Screen 5 > Client Letter > First entry "

Folder Number (99 for Spanish,-1 to omit letter) [O]

Client Letter Screen 5; Code 2

This entry overrides the default client letter folder set in User Options. Enter the number of the folder that contains the client letter to print for this client only, or enter 99 to print the Lacerte default letter (folder 1) in Spanish instead of English. Enter -1 to omit the client letter for this client only.

Note: To omit the client letter for all clients, access the Items to Print tab in User Options and set the Client Letter option to "No" for the applicable return type(s)."

In that way you can have one specific to this somewhat unusual situation for this year.  I will take some real fiddlin' around, but I am sure you can make it work

Capture.JPG

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

I need to restate and omit the word letter.  It is not a letter, it is the filing instructions page that prints with the tax return. I have gone into settings, options, tax return options, filing instructions and it looks like I have the option to yes print or do not print, or multi state.  I do not have an edit choice. 

0 Cheers
David10
Level 3

Hi There:

I was searching for a way to edit "filing instructions", not the "letter" as well. I've found that using Adobe Acrobat Pro is the only way to edit the instructions provided to client. Its a little time consuming, but its the best solution at present. Good luck ! 

0 Cheers
kpremuto
Level 2

I want to edit the filing instructions as well.

I thought I added an idea yesterday but now I cannot find it.

0 Cheers
delken
Level 1

This seems ridiculous to have to edit the letters in order to have the Direct Pay option in the filing instructions.  And I can't find a way to add to estimate instructions in any case.  SUPPORT/PROGRAMING NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a special area to suggest program improvements/modifications. I think this idea is over here https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/customize-filing-instructions/idi-... and you can help make it a possibility by voting there.