Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAlifornia IRA deduction

Ann0729
Level 1

Has anyone had an issue with California 540 disallowing the IRA deduction and removing it 

on Sch.CA.  It is taken on the 1040,  but disallowed on California .   thank you 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
itonewbie
Level 15

Where on Sch CA (540) do you see that adjustment?  Line 19 does not have any entry for column B or C.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

correct,  but it is putting it on line 22 column B. very strange.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What's the dollar amount? Might it be, coincidentally, some other thing that CA does not allow?

A W-2 Box 12 item?

Ex-AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

they are taking $7000 each IRA deduction allowed on federal return.  neither of them are in a retirement plan with their employer.   I looked it up on the FTB site, and this is allowed on CA also.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I can't replicate what you described.  If nothing is reported in column B of Section C other than Line 22, you may like to send the return to Intuit so that they can look into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

THank you 

0 Cheers
Tony P
Level 2

Yes, Same issue. I tried to get an explanation from customer service, but took to long to get an answer. So, I will try again in the morning.

0 Cheers
Lani1
Level 2

Beware.  California Schedule CA is once again backing out the IRA deduction.  Column B, Part C line 20.  I just called Proseries to report it, she acknowledged that it was taking away the deduction and would report it.  NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WOULD GET FIXED BEFORE THE END OF THE TAX SEASON!!

0 Cheers
Lani1
Level 2

Proseries is once again backing out the IRA deduction on Sch CA, column B, Part C, line 20.  It should be carried over in the Federal AGI and left alone.  Instead they are carrying over the Fed AGI with the deduction included, AND also backing it out as a subtraction.  It's taking away the California benefit of having an IRA.

0 Cheers
Jon-L
Level 3

My proseries was not backing out the IRA deduction on sch CA a week ago, and now it is.

Why doesn't Intuit work on this instead of two-step verification to get back in everytime the program freezes when trying to run a query ?

0 Cheers