Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California 2020 Forms 568 & 565

JRCPA49
Level 2

Has anyone heard of problems with printing 2020 California forms 568 & 565, main 6 pages.

Spent almost one and a half hours with support and they checked with everyone and they have no date set. You can efile but no printing or PDF ability

Anyone hear something different??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14

568 isn't ready for release.  So printing has been disabled.

JRCPA49
Level 2

Thanks, form is final for California at their site and has been.

Other software companies have no problem, you can print.

Looking at Ultra Tax, Lacerte can't even give a date. I prepare around 50 Partnerships all are real estate with numerous K-1's, usually they go out the first week of February.

Well I guess I wait a day or so.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Don't waste time on the phone just to have someone else look it up at https://lfs.intuit.com/ DO IT YOURSELF

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
JRCPA49
Level 2

Thanks George.

Been checking the form daily, the support person was helpful, he kept calling other departments but NO ONE has an idea of when it will be released. Been with Lacerte for over 20 years and never really had a problem.

0 Cheers
alisonbianca
Level 2

Seriously, when are these forms going to be final in Lacerte?!?!?  This is ridiculous....

0 Cheers
JRCPA49
Level 2

Totally ridiculous, my Rep said it was a problem with California itself. However, I have called numerous companies and friends and it seems that it is a Lacerte issue, Ultratax, CCH, etc.. you can print those forms.

Been with Lacerte 21 years, might be time for a change.

The worst thing is no one can tell you when it will be corrected.

abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

@IntuitBettyJo 

I agree with these complaints.  I checked the FTB website; F 565 & F 568 are available.

I will repeat my comment made elsewhere; I paid, a lot, in FULL last summer for functional software.  It's now Feb 17th.  

Many parts of the software are NOT yet functional - some areas are due to last minute tax law changes.

Forms 565/568 are NOT in that category.  Other software company do have these forms available (yes, I verified that with colleagues).

This issue was raised last week on a different thread, *we* were promised someone would look in to the issue.  So far, nothing but radio silence.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @abctax55

Looking into the issue, I am still trying to get my hands on a date or timeframe as to when we should expect the forms to be available. I will be back with any further info I am able to gather.  

-Betty Jo 

abctax55
Level 15

Cross posting for future searchers:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/final-version-of-form-565...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
bwcpa
Level 1

Yeah, I've been calling for two weeks, can't get a straight answer.  They keep mumbling about the form "not being approved yet" even though its been on the FTB website for about two weeks already.  I called the California FTB, they said they gave Lacerte the approval on the form about two weeks ago.

Maybe time to switch to Ultra tax next year.  Lacerte has been going downhill for years.

JRCPA49
Level 2

I have heard that it could be ready any day and more then likely by next Tuesday.

Other tax services have their finals.

Let's pray it comes out soon. Already have my quote for Ultratax for unlimited Partnerships.

Can't wait much longer.

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

I was just informed that the update for these forms in partnerships was released today, we expect individual forms to be released sometime next week. 

-Betty Jo 

darocco
Level 5

Partnership returns are finalized in ProSeries...finally...

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, apologize for the delay on this one.  Individual forms were release on 03/02/21.

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers