Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calfornia EIC based on 1099-NEC

dlmcferran
Level 3

I have a taxpayer who qualifies for $3.00 of California EIC because of earnings on a form 1099-NEC. CA requires the taxpayer's "business information" including Business License Number, SEIN and form number where the income is claimed. None of this pertains to a person who is getting some misc. non-employee compensation. I'd like to supress the credit but I can't figure out how to do it. This is creating a fatal error and the diagnostic (#49687) says the return will be rejected if I don't provide this nonexistant information. Any suggestions?

Dennis McFerran
RTRP, San Jose, CA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
qbteachmt
Level 15

"who is getting some misc. non-employee compensation."

Some? That reporting makes it appear they got at least $600, and that is only the one reporting for them. Are you sure this is not a Schedule C filer?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dlmcferran
Level 3

He's a young 20 that just graduated and has income from Peace Corp on a 1099-NEC.

Dennis McFerran

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"CA requires the taxpayer's "business information" including Business License Number, SEIN and form number where the income is claimed."

ProSeries doesnt ask for all this, are you sure its required?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dlmcferran
Level 3

Lacerte generates a critical diagnostic that says "Not addressing this diagnostic will result in the return being rejected". 

Dennis McFerran

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like PS automatically pulls the info from Sch C, the SEIN and Bus Lic dont appear to be required.
caritc.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers