Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating Qualified business income deduction

MrD1
Level 2

The worksheet for calculating Qualified business income deduction (line 13, 1040SR) is not picking up my Schedule E income.  It picks up all Schedule C income but isn't finding Schedule E income.  Am I missing something?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

See Schedule E Rental and Royalty Input in this article for steps to follow:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/business-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/how-to-enter-and-ca...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
MrD1
Level 2

Thank you, itonewbie.  That got the Schedule E picked up on the worksheet.  However, it doesn't appear to calculate and show up on line 13.  Not sure if I'm still missing something or if the calculation is simply 0.

Thanks again.

Mike D.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you follow the money on F.8995/8995-A as well as the worksheet?  If you can pinpoint what might not be right, someone may be able to clue in on the additional input that may be required.  Otherwise, these calculations should work properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
MrD1
Level 2

Thanks, again, itonewbie.  I've reviewed the worksheet and can see now that it is correct.  Thanks for your help.

Mike D.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @MrD1.  Glad you have that resolved.  Have a great day!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers