Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Residency

billetreby
Level 1

Individual Return for a part-year CA resident in 2019 Filed CA 540NR. When the data transferred to 2020 as a Full-year CA Resident, Lacerte still generate 540NR? Is there a fix?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Make sure you select CA for Resident State as of 12/31 and check the box for Full Year Resident.

See this article for detailed instructions: https://proconnect.intuit.com/taxprocenter/practice-management/handling-multi-state-returns-in-lacer...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
billetreby
Level 1

Thanks Itonewbie. One other question for you please. I do a schedule C for a business and supposed to generate form 4797. I have the form generated by another software. Is there a way to attach a file to the return when e-file?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I suppose you can attach it as a PDF, theoretically, and specify that as a Form 4797 but you run the risk of the IRS not processing the form at all or properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers