Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA partnership return

PeterCC
Level 1

My CA partnership return schedule L does not tie to the Federal 1065 schedule L.  It bring overs the CA schedule M-2 amounts which show only CA amounts.  How do I fix this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Which year?

You seem to be saying that the federal and CA Schedules L, M-1 and M-2 are the same. What item do you think should be different? 

Look in Screen 25. In Other there are some overrides and check boxes that force CA to be the same as federal. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dfa
Level 3

I came hear with the same problem. Schedule M2 Line 3 Net Income per Books is erroneously showing CA taxable income (Sch K Column (d) Line 21a). You can make an adjustment in the CA column in the M2 (screen 28), but the 568 is still in draft form, and I think they will fix it in an update. For now I'm making sure I can reconcile the M2 and holding until the update.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

For 2021 Partnership - Check out Screen 25 > Other > There is a check box for "Federal and California M-2 are the same {CA}

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dfa
Level 3

Thanks! It worked. I've never needed to check that box in the past.

0 Cheers