Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA ISR Penalty: Where do we enter information stating the taxpayer had health insurance thus eliminating the penalty?

michael6
Level 2
New for 2020 California instituted a Individual Shared Responsibility penalty. How do we override it?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Biz CPA
Level 1

Note, the reference to screen 35 is not correct.  Go to screen 39 (ACA tab), 3rd section on the left is titled "California Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty.  Enter 1 for entire household covered.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
sjrcpa
Level 15

Why would you override it?

Oh, I see you're really asking where is the input to show they are not subject to the penalty.

California individual shared responsibility penalty input (intuit.com)

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa - do you want to man the counter on this one?  Maybe @George4Tacks would like to take that on 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I was thinking we need to start one for this.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Please take a queue number and wait for your number to be called.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

This is response number π²

New update to 2020 - It is in Screen 53.014 California Premium Assistance Subsidy Credit like old IRS 1=entire household covered for all months, 2=no months. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

Gee, now I need to solve for π²... 🙄

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

@itonewbie "Gee, now I need to solve for π²."

π aren’t squared. π are round.

If there are this many Nervous Nellies in California who are concerned about a new item in December, can you imagine what it will be like here when it's actually time for returns to be prepared?

Biz CPA
Level 1

Note, the reference to screen 35 is not correct.  Go to screen 39 (ACA tab), 3rd section on the left is titled "California Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty.  Enter 1 for entire household covered.

michael6
Level 2

I did not previously see that option. However I had an update this morning and POOF there it is! 

Thanks!

abctax55
Level 15

@Biz CPA 

Screen 35 - or rather 53?....  WAS correct when that was posted.  The program was changed to now use Screen 39; which is a lot more logical as that's where F 1095-A info is entered, just like in past years.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"