Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Form 592

Anwar
Level 1

Does anyone know how to generate CA Form 592 in Lacerte? I can't get page two (Schedule of Payees) of the quarterly forms to generate to allocate the withholding. Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Lacerte is tax prep software; the info from the F 592 would go INTO it, not come from it.

Whoever did the withholding has to prepare the F 592.

You can prepare it manually by downloading the form from ftb.ca.gov

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Anwar
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I figured it out. In this case - which I did not clarify in my first post - I am working on the business side (S-corporation) that did the withholding. The 592 is present in Lacerte, but I couldn't figure out how to generate it. I solved it by preparing it in the 2018 Lacerte for the 2019 592.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Ah.... got it.

I'm 100% focused on individual, thus my tunnel vision 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Spring20
Level 1

I have the same issue but for a 2019 partnership. Any idea how to generate Side 2 of Form 592 for a CA 565? I've looked in the 2018 Lacerte but that doesn't seem to work either.

0 Cheers
djs006
Level 1

For a 592-PTE reporting tax withholdings against 2020 taxes due, within the 2019 Lacerte Module go to page 32.1 (Partner Misc Info), section "California Quarterly Withholding on Nonresident / Foreign Member Distribution", and enter the "Amount Distributed Subject to Withholding" and "Amounts Withheld" for each partner, and this will show up on page two of the 593-PTE.   Of course, you also have to enter "2 = File 529-PTE" on page 43.013 (California Nonresident W/H - Form 592) for the form to be generated.  

0 Cheers