Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Form 3840

beancounter54
Level 2

I cannot get the Schedule A , line 8, "California source deferred gain" to show on the CA Form 3840 for the annual report. Everything else is fine. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 57 > California .. (3840) - Annual/Final Data (all data originates in this screen)

Schedule A is a t the bottom, use Ctrl + E to open up a grid to input. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
beancounter54
Level 2

I have all the information input in Schedule A.

The Part III, line 10 box is showing the CA source deferred gain correctly. It's just not showing the Part I, line 8 information in the box for the CA source deferred gain (which is the same). Only one property was given up and one property received.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Did you make the entries ONLY in Screen 57? All of the lines are already computed figures from the sale in the original year. Mismatch should only be input errors. Very little is really computed by the program.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is a copy of the dummy input I made that seems to work out correctly for the 3840. Not everything is complete, but the numbers appear correctly.

Capture.JPG

beancounter54
Level 2

Yes. All entries were made in Screen 57. I think maybe it's in the Schedule A input. I couldn't see the right hand section of your screenshot. Also the property received is out of state. I really appreciate you helping with this. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

See if this composite of 3 images is worth 1,000 words. Good LuckCapture.JPG

George4Tacks
Level 15

Okay - cut off the 3840

384.png

beancounter54
Level 2

I give up. I'm too tired and/or stupid. I've tried everything and still can't get the Line 8, California source deferred gain to print. Everything else is correct. Since I don't need a California return for anything else, I'm going to print it and mail it. I appreciate your tenacious attempts at figuring this out. 

0 Cheers
beancounter54
Level 2

And also write in the Line 8 amount.

0 Cheers
beancounter54
Level 2

I found the problem. I had an "S" in the source column beside the input amount in "Total CA source deferred gain" at the top of the CA Form 3480 general info section.