Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA ACA Penalty

mdhalla
Level 1

Does CA ACA penalty apply to nonresidents of CA?  My client was a full year resident of AZ in 2020.  She has a business both in CA and AZ.  I am filing a nonresident return for CA and Lacerte is calculating an Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty on Line 91 of Form 540-NR.  Is that correct?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I reported it as a defect for ProSeries on the 19th, it was sent to development, I havent heard anything since then.

Did you go into the CA return and tell it YES you had insurance all year?  Thats will get rid of the penalty, but you shouldnt need to do that for a non resident.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Dakotasteve
Level 2

Hi Lisa

In Pro Series Basic do you know where you can enter the reply that yes, you did have coverage all year?  I am ending up with an ISR penalty and can't get it to go away but can't find where the question is asked where you can affirm that there was coverage all year.  Any help greatly appreciated!

Dakotasteve56  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
theres got to be a Healthcare Worksheet in the CA return to mark the box YES, or search for Form 3853 to mark that they had coverage for all months.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Dakotasteve 

Here is your Help article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/how-to-enter-california-health-coverage-in-la...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers