Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto attach of K1 error

forrestmc
Level 1

Problem: Received following Error:Exception message when preparing a 1040 for efile.

"Exception occured attempting to auto-attach pdfs for client xxx. Cannot open file c:\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\48.pdf. The system cannot find the file specified.

Symptions:

*Error associated with partnership K1

*No income or expense in blocks 1 to 20

*Partner did contribute capital in Block L (Partners Capital Analysis)

Entered change in "Basis section of Lacerte"

I noticed that Lacerte attempted to output a file "48.pdf" during the Electronic Filing Wizard". Haven't seen that before.

*Tried removing K1, return processed normally.

Any Suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
adam2
Level 1

I'm getting the same error.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this?

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Popping up for me recently - the Auto-Attach PDF functionality wants to create a PDF outside of the application i.e. save it to Desktop. Have found nothing in Community resolving - not even a Bellerophonic Force Install recommendation. 

Any wisdom @IntuitAustin ?

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
adam2
Level 1

The latest update seemed to have fixed this for me.  I no longer am having this probelm.

0 Cheers
comelet
Level 1

Installed most recent update yesterday. Having same issue in 1120S module.  Update yesterday seems to be causing the problem.  Is there another update in the queue to correct this?  

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Other mention here in Community

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Applied latest Update - solved for my example which is Individual & allowed me to e-File 

2019 Operator Programs Version 40.0903
2019 Federal Tax Version 40.0902

0 Cheers
Pelado
Level 2

I too am having this problem in the S-corporation module.  It says it can't find file 19.pdf in the User Temp folder on my desktop computer.  This is really annoying.  How can I fix this error so I can get this return efiled by the deadline tomorrow?

0 Cheers