Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment for Form 8915E

JennyJ
Level 3

I am getting a diagnostics for the Form 8915E that says "Form 8915E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan distributions and repayments should be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes"

What exactly are we to attach?  The Form 1099-R? Doesn't the IRS have that already?  Or are they talking about repayments made?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

You need to print a PDF copy of the F.8915-E, then attach that to the return before e-filing.  From the list of forms to attach, you'll see a selection for Form 8915E.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
JennyJ
Level 3

I'm a bit confused.  Doesn't that form go with the electronic file?

Thanks so much for your insight

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Nope. Intuit says IRS says it can't be efiled.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Doesn't that form go with the electronic file?"

It won't be in the data stream; it has to be as the PDF.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
psaund9860
Level 3

Form 8915-E; Part III, line 12; mentions Form 8606 if required.  What if the client is not required to file Form 8606 for a ROTH Distribution; it says go to Line 15.  There is NO mention of computations for Part I, line 3 for a Roth Distribution.  Just as a attempt to get a figure for 8915-E; Part III, line 13 I tried completing the 8606.     When I bring up 8606 for the taxpayer and his wife, who both have Roth distributions,  and do all the computations, the 8606 does not do any computations to get a figure for Form 8915-E; line 13.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The form 8915-E (T and S) are now scheduled to be E-filed and for 2/25. If you just wait, it should resolve itself with an update. It is used for Income taxable amount in this one year or spread over three years.

Form 5329 is used for the early withdrawal penalty waiver.

Form 8606 is used for computing tax on conversions, if there is pro rata due to basis, overcontribution, etc. It's not a covid-related form.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers