Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATE Exception Message

Bobby BoSox
Level 2

Finished a simple return. Tried to print the Client Copy to file(pdf).

Got this:

ATEExceptionMessage: Unexpected character ('W' (code 87)): was expecting comma to separate OBJECT entries at [Source:{

+Unabloe to render client 159 request. Unable to create CustomDocumentProvider for C:\Lacerte\19tax\ind\ut\utdisclosure.i19

+Unexpected character ('W'(code 87)): was expecting comma to separate OBJECT entries at [Source:{

It creates the doc up to Tax Summary, but not tax return.

Help?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Beth3
Level 1

We're having the same issue for 2019 in preparer review copy.  It does not matter what printer or pdf we chose.  2018 is working still.  We did not have this problem prior to last nights update.

0 Cheers
TaxMom12
Level 3

Same thing happened to me when printing the client copy.

0 Cheers
rick barsness
Level 1

+Unexpected character ('W'(code 87)): was expecting comma to separate OBJECT entries at [Source:{

How do I fix this error?

0 Cheers
ZACHOCALL
Level 2

Same here any resolution?

0 Cheers
thughes2069
Level 1

I'm getting the same error today - any fixes?

0 Cheers
Bobby BoSox
Level 2

Somehow my intuit runengine got corrupted today. Had to call support. We re-forced installation. That fixed it.

Talking with the guy, he saw a snip for the code 87 on my desktop.

I shared it.

He said they saw that memo and fixed it with the most recent update. It had to do with UT & AZ returns. (Mine was a UT).

So update and you should be good to go.

0 Cheers